When issues arise, God offers us hope through Him and through His people. Our series, Inconceivable, which has ended was an opportunity for us to have an open conversation as a community of God’s people. This conversation centered around some of the current issues occurring in the United Methodist Church. This time allowed us to discuss the issues and discern which direction God wants us to go.
To help you understand what is happening in the UMC, we have sent out 5 informational sheets by email (and listed below). These informational sheets offer a deep dive into the issues and additional resources for you to use as you do your own research.
Now that we have completed the Inconceivable Sermon Series and the Roundtable discussions are over, our church will vote on whether or not to leave the denomination. To participate in the vote…
- You must be a full member of Estero Church.
- You must be present in person during the preceeding when the DS calls for the vote.
- We will begin checking in people at 5:45pm to verify membership.
- Only full members will receive a paper ballot.
- The District Superintendent, Rev. Debbie Allen, will be presiding.
- The results of the vote will be announced before the Church Conference is adjourned.
- All are welcome to come, observe, and pray
We will vote as a church on Thursday, February 16 at 6:30pm in the Sanctuary.
Pray with us
Denominational Roundtable Discussions
The Ad Board of Estero Church hosted Denominational Roundtable Discussions—forums where you and a small group of others came together to share questions and concerns. We wanted to listen to you, answer your questions, and ensure that your feedback is passed along to our church leadership.
Thank you to all those who joined a roundtable. We had great questions and informative meetings.
Estero Church members are plugged into our church through opportunities to connect with one another, grow in their faith, and serve our community. If you’re interested in becoming a member, please click here to learn more.